- Jeep - Gladiator JT (2020-Present)
- Jeep - Wrangler JL (2018-Present)
- Jeep - Wrangler JK (2007-2018)
- Jeep - Wrangler TJ (1997-2006)
- Jeep - Wrangler Unlimited LJ (2004-2006)
- Jeep - Wrangler YJ (1987-1995)
- Jeep - Cherokee XJ (1984-2001)
- Jeep - Comanche MJ (1986-1992)
- Jeep - Grand Cherokee ZJ (1993-1998)
- Jeep - Grand Cherokee WJ (1999-2004)
- Jeep - Liberty KJ (2002-2007)
- Jeep - CJ (1955-1986)
- Jeep - Renegade BU (2015-Present)
We’re looking for a creative and motivated auto enthusiast to join the Skid Row Offroad team. Your work will include improving existing products and creating new ones to expand our product line well beyond our Jeep skid plate origins. Your work will include products such as skid plates (of course!), bumpers, suspension components, and body armor, as well as, tubular product designs such as roll cages, tire carriers, and roof racks. While we don't expect anyone to know every topic listed below, we do need someone who has good mechanical design skills and has a willingness to learn. Continue reading for more information about the person we’re hoping to find….
- Automotive mechanical experience in general, and offroading experience in particular, would be a big help toward understanding our company, as well as our customers.
Mechanical Design Experience including:
- 3D CAD experience required with knowledge of SolidWorks a plus.
- Expertise with “sheet metal” design as our products are predominantly made of laser cut and CNC folded steel plate.
- Interpretation of 2D drawings of our old product designs in order to update them from 2D to 3D.
- The creation of flat patterns for laser cutting and development of drawings for CNC press brake forming.
- Experience with Bend-Tech tube modeling software desired.
Metal Fabrication Experience including:
- Welding and general metal fabrication desired for creation and modification of prototype parts.
- Tube bending and fabrication
- CNC machining experience a plus
- You must be able to write clearly using proper English grammar and spelling. This is a requirement as you will create installation instructions for our customers, product descriptions for our website, and develop part assembly lists for product packaging.
- Keep notes and records of each product during and after development so that others can not only understand a product’s applications and limitations, but can find the information when needed.
- Create and maintain revisions of product design iterations.
Retail Customer Service Work including:
- Confirming product applications for customers.
- Solving customer installation issues via email or phone.
- Positively interact directly with customers on our monthly trail rides and at events while representing Skid Row Offroad. In other words, to make lots of new friends!
Cross-Training to include:
- customer order processing
- product packaging
- and more!
You will have the opportunity to learn as much as you want and we will always encourage you to expand your abilities.