- Jeep - Gladiator JT (2020-Present)
- Jeep - Wrangler JL (2018-Present)
- Jeep - Wrangler JK (2007-2018)
- Jeep - Wrangler TJ (1997-2006)
- Jeep - Wrangler Unlimited LJ (2004-2006)
- Jeep - Wrangler YJ (1987-1995)
- Jeep - Cherokee XJ (1984-2001)
- Jeep - Comanche MJ (1986-1992)
- Jeep - Grand Cherokee ZJ (1993-1998)
- Jeep - Grand Cherokee WJ (1999-2004)
- Jeep - Liberty KJ (2002-2007)
- Jeep - CJ (1955-1986)
- Jeep - Renegade BU (2015-Present)
JP-0007-SD: Jeep Wrangler TJ Engine/Transmission Skid Plate for 4 Cylinder Engine (1997-2002) SCRATCH & DENT
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Have a question?
Trail rides are meant to be challenging and fun....
...The last thing you want to experience is damage to your Jeep that stops the fun and ends up with your Jeep being towed to the nearest dealer or repair shop. Not only does that make your day a whole lot more expensive, it's a waste of your valuable free time, and is totally preventable.
One easily installed skid plate provides the complete protection your drivetrain needs for fun on the trail...
...Designed specifically for this model Jeep with the 2.5L, four cylinder engine, this skid plate protects the engine oil pan, the transmission, and the front portion of the exhaust. It can be used with either manual or automatic transmissions and fits on stock height or lifted Jeeps. This skid plate is 100% bolt-on and requires no drilling,... meaning that even a beginner can install it in less than an hour.
You not only get added protection and peace of mind, your Jeep will be more capable as well!
Our off-road testing showed that these engine/transmission skid plates help you get over obstacles by preventing the leading edge of your transfer case skid plate from catching on whatever you're driving over. Solidly mounted to the chassis, the smooth surface of the skid plate helps you slide over obstacles, including deep mud and snow. It's also reinforced with 1/4" thick steel angle along the driver's side to provide plenty of strength while easily clearing both your exhaust system and your driveshaft.
No problem performing regular maintenance...
...because the diamond-shaped oil drain hole lets you change the oil without needing to remove the skid plate. Any oil that spills onto the skid plate can be wiped up by reaching over the open driver's side of the skid plate.
THIS IS A CUSTOMER RETURN THAT WAS NEVER INSTALLED. HOWEVER, THE FINISH WAS DAMAGED SLIGHTLY IN SHIPPING. THE DAMAGE DOES NOT AFFECT ITS FUNCTION OR THE INSTALLATION.
- Material: Made of 3/16 inch thick steel that is Laser Cut and CNC Formed
- Finish: Semi-Gloss Black Powder Coat
- Hardware: All Grade 5 zinc plated hardware is included
- Shipping Weight: 43 lbs
- Origin: Made in USA
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Installation Instructions