- Jeep - Gladiator JT (2020-Present)
- Jeep - Wrangler JL (2018-Present)
- Jeep - Wrangler JK (2007-2018)
- Jeep - Wrangler TJ (1997-2006)
- Jeep - Wrangler Unlimited LJ (2004-2006)
- Jeep - Wrangler YJ (1987-1995)
- Jeep - Cherokee XJ (1984-2001)
- Jeep - Comanche MJ (1986-1992)
- Jeep - Grand Cherokee ZJ (1993-1998)
- Jeep - Grand Cherokee WJ (1999-2004)
- Jeep - Liberty KJ (2002-2007)
- Jeep - CJ (1955-1986)
- Jeep - Renegade BU (2015-Present)
TA-0005: Toyota 4Runner Catalytic Converter Guards (1996-2002) COMING SOON
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Have a question?
NOTE: To use our Cat Guards, you will need our TA-0003 Transmission Skid Plate and TA-0006 Transfer Case Skid Plate to mount them to.
Catalytic converter theft is on the rise and is a major problem in many areas. Replacing stolen converters is very expensive and there's always additional damage to the exhaust system to add to the cost of the repair. The converters are easily stolen by simply cutting the exhaust pipes before and after the converter using a cordless sawzall. Take a quick look under your Toyota 4Runner and you'll see how easy it is for a thief to reach and remove your vehicle's catalytic converters in an amazingly short period of time.
Our third gen Toyota 4Runner Cat Guards are designed to prevent access to the converters. The idea is to keep a would-be thief from being able to easily cut the exhaust pipes. The longer it takes remove them, the more likely the thief won't bother and will move on to the next vehicle.
Mounted to our TA-0003 Transmission Skid Plate and TA-0006 Transfer Case Skid Plate using carriage bolts, they can't be easily unbolted and make it much more difficult to reach the converters. They are made from laser-cut 1/8" thick steel that is CNC folded for consistent quality and fit. Then they're finished in an environmentally-friendly, and durable, black powder coating.
To use our Cat Guards, you will need our TA-0003 Transmission Skid Plate and TA-0006 Transfer Case Skid Plate to mount them to. Our transmission and transfer case skid plates now include mounting holes for the Cat Guards. However, if you've already got one of our older Transmission or Transfer Case Skid Plates, you'll need to drill the mounting holes for the Cat Guards. There are three per side and you can use the Cat Guard as a template to locate the holes.
Our Toyota 4Runner Cat Guards are designed to prevent a would-be thief from walking away with your vehicle's expensive catalytic converters.
- Material: Made of 1/8 inch thick steel that is Laser Cut and CNC Formed
- Finish: Semi-Gloss Black Powder Coat
- Hardware: All Grade 5 zinc plated hardware is included
- Shipping Weight: 10 lbs
- Origin: Made in USA