- Jeep - Gladiator JT (2020-Present)
- Jeep - Wrangler JL (2018-Present)
- Jeep - Wrangler JK (2007-2018)
- Jeep - Wrangler TJ (1997-2006)
- Jeep - Wrangler Unlimited LJ (2004-2006)
- Jeep - Wrangler YJ (1987-1995)
- Jeep - Cherokee XJ (1984-2001)
- Jeep - Comanche MJ (1986-1992)
- Jeep - Grand Cherokee ZJ (1993-1998)
- Jeep - Grand Cherokee WJ (1999-2004)
- Jeep - Liberty KJ (2002-2007)
- Jeep - CJ (1955-1986)
- Jeep - Renegade BU (2015-Present)
JP-0008: Jeep Wrangler TJ Engine/Transmission Skid Plate for Long Arm Suspension and 16-inch Dimension (1997-2006)
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Have a question?
This Skid Row Offroad Engine/Transmission Skid Plate fits with virtually any long-arm suspension installed on your 1997-2006 Jeep TJ Wrangler with the 4.0L six cylinder engine.
- Material: Made of 1/4 inch thick steel
- Finish: Semi-Gloss Black Powder Coat
- Hardware: All Grade 5 zinc plated hardware is included
- Shipping Weight: 51 lbs
- Origin: Made in USA
- Installation Instructions
PLEASE CHECK FITMENT NOTES BEFORE ORDERING.
This Skid Row Offroad Jeep Wrangler Engine/Transmission Skid Plate fits with virtually any long-arm suspension installed on your 1997-2006 Jeep TJ Wrangler with the 4.0L six cylinder engine. Designed specifically for this engine, it provides complete coverage for your vulnerable engine oil pan, transmission, AND the front portion of your exhaust system. One easily installed skid plate provides the complete protection you need for fun on the trail, while the diamond-shaped oil drain hole lets you perform regular maintenance without needing to remove the skid plate. This skid plate is made of 1/4" thick steel that is laser-cut and CNC folded for consistent fit and quality. It is also reinforced with 1/4" thick steel angle along both sides to provide plenty of strength while easily clearing both your exhaust system and your driveshaft. It mounts solidly to the Jeep's frame and is designed for easy bolt-on installation, but does require drilling of 2 holes though the leading edge of the transfer case skid plate. We've also learned during our off-road testing that these engine/transmission skid plates help you get over obstacles by preventing your transfer case skid plate from catching on whatever you're driving over. So you not only get added protection and peace of mind, your Jeep Wrangler will be more capable as well!
We provide carriage bolts to attach our skid plate to the transfer case skid plate. Why not use countersunk bolts? Simply because we've had problems removing countersunk bolts after they've been run over rocks a few times. Metal always seems to get pushed into the recessed hex. Also, once a little rust gets into the threads, getting enough torque to break them loose without stripping out the hex can be VERY difficult to say the least! We've had to drill countersunk bolts out in the past and can't say we were happy about it. By using carriage bolts the bottom is smoother than with a hex head bolt and there is a nut on top that you can get a wrench or socket onto. We've found that we like carriage bolts much better!
Which one fits?
To determine which model skid plate you need simply take a measurement from the engine's oil drain plug to the leading edge of the transfer case skid plate. You'll get a measurement of approximately 16" or 20".
Please Note: Fits 6 cylinder models ONLY.
- Also, if you have an aftermarket exhaust header that goes under your engine or transmission, our skid plate may not fit properly. An example would be the Borla exhaust header for 1997 model TJ's.
- If you're unsure, it's best to contact us and ask.